Summer Season Description
First practice May 10th and the last tournament in the end of July.
Summer is also a time for family vacations so we understand that players will be gone for different periods during the summer season. Just let your coach know so he/she can plan.
- WHEN: Tuesdays and Thursdays starting May 10th with some older age groups also practicing on Wednesdays
- WHERE: Encinitas Community Park and Cardiff Sports Park
- TIME: After 5 pm, will depend on team
Below is the preliminary tournament schedule for the summer:
- June 4th
- June 11th
- June 18th
- June 25th - Coastal Dragons 7's
- July 9th - SCYR 7's
- July 16th - Cal State Games
- July 23rd
A per tournament fee, normally $10 per player, will be collected at each tournament. The tournament fees are not included in the registration fee.
Sevens is a fast paced variation of regular rugby played with only seven players on a side for seven minutes per half. It has been admitted as an Olympic sport and will be player in the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Matches are held tournament style, meaning there are normally two or three individual games per team.
We intend to field teams in the following age brackets this Summer Sevens season:
- U10: boys/girls born 09/01/2005 - 08/31/2008
- U12: boys/girls born 09/01/2003 - 08/31/2005
- BU14: boys born 09/01/2001 - 08/31/2003
- GU14: girls born 09/01/2001 - 08/31/2003
- BU16: boys born 09/01/1999 - 08/31/2001
- GU16: girls born 09/01/1999 - 08/31/2001
- BU18: boys born 09/01/1996* - 08/31/1999
- GU18: girls born 09/01/1996* - 08/31/1999
*) If attendening high school full time, otherwise the cut off is 9/1/1997
Note: These are the same age brackets as for the regular season.
If you want your child to play up or down, please contact the Membership Chair (contact info at the bottom).
Many people take vacation during the summer and cannot attend all the tournaments. We therefore separate out the cost of the tournaments from the registration. The tournament fee, normally $10-$20, will be collected at each tournament so you only pay for those tournaments in which you participate.
The cost of the basic registration, excluding tournament fees, are as follows:
- U10-U12: $175 for returning players or $225 for a new player
- BU14-18: $190 for returning players or $240 for a new player
- GU14-18: $190 for returning players or $240 for a new player
There is a $25 discount for multiple children that automatically is applied when you register subsequent children.
If you need to set-up a payment plan, please contact the Membership Chair (contact info at the bottom).
Regarding financial aid, limited scholarships for the registration fee are available (click here for more info).
Note: A returning player is a player that either:
- played club in the regular season this year,
- played high school for LCC, SDA, Carlsbad, San Marcos* this year,
- or both.
*) If you did NOT play club and played for another high school, then you may have to pay the higher fee depending on if your high school paid the USA rugby insurance or not. For example, Cathedral HS does not. This means that the club has to pay these fees to USA rugby, which is why we charge the higher fee in these cases as well as for new players.
- Before 5/24/2016: All but $20
- After 5/24/2016: no refunds
To register online click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Chair (click here for contact info).