Regular season 2016-2017
We anticipare to field teams in the following age groups:
- U8: Boys and girls born on or after 09/01/2008
- U10: Boys and girls born between 09/01/2006 - 08/31/2008
- U12: Boys and girls born between 09/01/2004 - 08/31/2006
- BU14: Boys born between 09/01/2002 - 08/31/2004
- GU14: Girls born between 09/01/2002 - 08/31/2004
- BU16: Boys born between 09/01/2000 - 08/31/2002
- GU16: Girls born between 09/01/2000 - 08/31/2002
- BU18: Boys born between 09/01/1997 - 08/31/2000 if attending high-school full time
- GU18: Girls born between 09/01/1997 - 08/31/2000 if attending high-school full time
- If not attending high school full time then the range is 09/01/1998 - 08/31/2000
- Fees will be defined closer to the start of the season
Note: There is a $25 discount for multiple children in the same family
The registration fee covers one practice T-shirt, all practice and game fields, referee fees, hosting fees, coaching, game jerseys, club equipment and materials. You will need to cover personal travel costs and player gear (for info on gear click here).
U8 - U14 will start practice mid November (exact date will be defined closer to the start of the season). We normally hold practices twice a week. Games begin early January and take place on Saturdays, excluding a few Bye weekends. The regular season ends mid-March. U14 may continue in play-offs until mid-April, if we qualify.
We anticipate that the practices will be Tuesday and Thursday nights under the lights at Cardiff Sports Park, but this will be determined closer to the start of the season.
U16-U18 will start practice end of February following the end of the High School rugby season (see below). The season ends mid-May, assuming we qualify for the play-offs.
- Before December 12: full refund minus $20 (administration cost)
- Before January 1: 50%
- Before February 12: full refund minus $20 (administration cost)
- Before March 1: 50%
- Afterwards: no refund
Note for U16-U18
At the U16-U18 age brackets, there are some High Schools that offer rugby as a school sport, e.g., LCC. Club rugby that we participate in begins its practice and playing season after the High School rugby season finishes in the final week of February. Dragons U16-U18 teams will play their first games in early March with practice commencing once they are no longer playing High School rugby, or in mid-February if they did not play in the High School season.
Also note that the registration fee is different based on whether you played during the high-school season or not. The reason is that players who played in high-school are already registered with USA rugby for the year so the club does not need to play this fee, which is reflected in our registration fees.