Regular season 2014-2015
This regular season the Coastal Dragons Rugby is intending to field age groups U8, U10, U12, BU14, BU16, and, BU18.
Girls are allowed to play tackle with boys in age groups U8-U12, but must play on a girls only team when they reach U14. For the 2014 regular season, we are looking to start Girl's U15 and U18 teams, so all interested lady ruggers please contact us ASAP. We hope to get 10 girls, and will compete as a 7 a side team in the local league. Rugby 7's is an Olympic event for both men and women so we really want to expose the young lady student athletes to this wonderful sport.
U8 to U14 will start practice in the third week of November and practice Tuesday and Thursday every week. Games begin on the first or second weekend of January (schedule yet to be confirmed) and take place every Saturday, excluding a few Bye weekends, with U8's to U12's ending mid-March and U14's in mid-April (if they qualify, enter & progress in U14 Play Offs).
U16's and U18's begin at the start of March, following the end of the High School season (see note below), and run through until mid May (again, dependent on Play Offs). Both teams practice three times a week and have a game most weekends.
- U08 born on or after 09/01/2006
- U10 born between 09/01/2004 - 08/31/2006
- U12 born between 09/01/2002 - 08/31/2004
- U14 born between 09/01/2000 - 08/31/2002
- U16 born between 09/01/1998 - 08/31/2000
- U18 born between 09/01/1996 - 08/31/1998
- U18 born between 09/01/1995 - 08/31/1998 if attending high school full time
- U08 $200
- U10 $220
- U12 $240
- U14 $300
- U16 $160/$190: $160 if transferring from High School Rugby, $190 if not
- U18 $160/$190: $160 if transferring from High School Rugby, $190 if not
- There is a $25 multiple child discount for a second child and $35 for subsequent children.
The registration fee for a season covers all practice and game fields, referee fees, hosting fees, uniform and coaching equipment and materials. You will need to cover personal travel costs, mouth guards and rugby boots (soccer cleats are ideal)
Since the club incurs expenses as the season progresses this is the refund schedule:
- Before 12/15/2014 and before the playing kit is handed out, all but $10 (administration cost) is refunded.
- Before 12/15/2014 but after the playing kit is handed out, all but $60 is refunded.
- Between 12/15/2014 and 1/15/2015, all but $125 is refunded.
- After 1/15/2015 no refunds.
Note for U16s and U18s
At the U16 and U18 age brackets, there are some High Schools that offer rugby as a school sport. Club rugby (as in Coastal Dragons Rugby Club) begins its practice and playing season after the High School rugby season finishes in the final week of February. Dragons U16 and U18 teams will play their first games in early March with practice commencing once they are no longer playing High School rugby, or in mid-February if they did not play in the High School season.