- WHERE: Encinitas Community Park - Field 1 [most Southern Field].
- WHEN: Tuesdays and Thursdays starting May 19th
- TIME: Around 5.30pm - 7.00pm (may vary slightly between teams)
As of now, we are planning to participate in the following tournaments:
- 6/6 San Diego Aztecs (All teams)
- 6/13 Valley Center (All teams)
- 6/20 Mustangs (U10-BU14)
- 6/27 Coastal Dragons (All teams)
- 7/4 BYE
- 7/11 San Clemente (All teams)
- 7/18 Cal State Games (All teams)
- 7/25 North County (All teams)
Note: A per tournament fee, normally $10-$20, will be collected at each tournament.
For the un-indoctrinated, Sevens is the form of rugby admitted to the Olympics as a team sport. It will be played in the 2016 Olympic Games. Sevens is a fast paced variation of regular rugby played by seven players on a side for seven minutes per half. The number of players on a team that can expect to play during any one game is a maximum of between 12 and 15. If there were more players than that on a team, some players would simply not be able to take to the field. There is just not enough time. Matches are held tournament style, meaning there are normally two or three individual games per team on any one day, with between four and five (or more) teams participating.
We intend to field teams for U10, U12, BU14, BU16, BU18 and GU15 age groups this Summer Sevens season.
USA Rugby and the Southern California Youth Rugby Organization allow girls to play touch and contact rugby together with boys up to the U12 age group. After that girls and boys play in separate teams, boys in BU14, BU16 and BU18 and girls in GU15 and GU18. For this Summer Sevens season, we will accept girls who want to play at the U10, U12 and GU15 age groups. If you have a girl 15 years and older (GU18), who want to play, please contact the Membership Chair, see Contacts.
The same age groups established for the regular season apply for Summer Sevens:
- U10 born between 09/01/2004 - 08/31/2006
- U12 born between 09/01/2002 - 08/31/2004
- BU14 boys born between 09/01/2000 - 08/31/2002
- BU16 boys born between 09/01/1998 - 08/31/2000
- BU18 boys born between
- 09/01/1995 - 08/31/1998 if attending high school full time
- 09/01/1996 - 08/31/1998 otherwise
- GU15 girls born between 09/01/1999 - 08/31/2002
Many people take vacation during the summer and cannot attend all the tournaments. We therefore separate the basic registration from the cost of the tournaments and only charge for those tournaments your child plays in.
The cost of basic registration (excluding tournament fees) are as follows:
- U10-12: $175 for returning players or $225 for a new player
- BU14-18: $190 for returning players or $240 for a new player
- GU15: $190 for returning players or $240 for a new player
A returning player is a player who played during the last winter season and is already registred with USA rugby and SCYR.
Note: A per tournament fee, normally $10-$20, will be collected at each tournament, i.e., the tournament fees are not included in the basic registration cost.
- Before 6/1/2015: All but $25
- Before 6/15/2015: 50% refund
- After 6/15/2015: no refunds
To register online click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Chair, see Contacts.